|Whey, A Cheese|
- Stirred three tablespoons vinegar into 2 gallons of milk and let stand for 24-36 hours until a nice curd formed and separated from the whey.
- Poured separated mixture through a cheese cloth lined colander which was set into a large bowl.
- Tied the ends of cloth together and suspended it over the bowl for approximately 6 hours to allow the whey to drain.
- Refrigerated the whey and turned the curd into a bowl.
- Separated the curd into the desired curd size (I prefer lard-curd cottage cheese), and added and whole, raw milk to achieve the desired taste and creaminess.
- Chilled and enjoyed. It did not last long.